A feat equaled historically only by Emanuel Lasker and Wilhelm Steinitz—and that made him one of the GREATEST players of all time.
Mikhail Botvinnik’s playing style was strategically forceful. He did not engage in a berserk piece sacrifice or any unsound tactical combination only to put pressure on his opponent. What he did instead was slowly outplayed him with a superior strategy until he cracked like an egg.
Meticulous preparation was his strong point, and it showed in his games. As a computer engineer and scientist, he played moves that not only conformed to a predetermined structure but also followed unflawed logical reasoning, tieing one move t the next.
If you want to be a logical chess player, studying Botvinnik’s games is a MUST.
How better it would be if a grandmaster commentates on those games and explains the moves to you, right?
That’s why GM Marian Petrov is here with his brand-new course ‘Playing like Mikhail Botvinnik’ where he breaks down what made Botvinnik one of the GREATEST of all times…
This 3-hour video training demonstrates how he took super-aggressive opponents into an uncomfortable strategic playground and super-positional opponents through a tactical rollercoaster ride.
Here is what’s inside:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!
Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one?, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents!
Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!
JOIN for just $1:
Find this post useful? Share it?