The Sicilian Najdorf is a chess opening that starts with the moves 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 a6 (diagram).
It is 5..a6 that distinguishes this opening as the– 5..g6, for example, would be the Sicilian Dragon.
The sharp continuation is 6.Bg5 e6 7.f4.
In this exclusive iChess Club video, IM Robert Ris begins a multi-part series exploring this dynamic chess opening from White’s point of view. You’ll learn all the ideas and plans, theory and tactics that will allow you to face the popular Sicilian Najdorf with confidence.
In Part 1, IM Ris begins by looking at how to face Black’s move 7 alternatives, 7..Nc6 and 7..b5. These sidelines are seen even at the highest level, and while they aren’t the best continuations for Black, White needs to be prepared.
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- Exclusive new premium videos each week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $20 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month!.