Dutch GM Sipke Ernst will teach you how to win with the Exchange Slav.
Many chess players tend to underestimate the Exchange version of Slav. They believe, quite incorrectly, that Exchange Slav is very drawish and has no winning ambitions whatsoever.
Although there are some lines that lead to “safe positions” if white chooses to… there are also many other lines leading to sharp, unbalanced positions with TONs of play.
There are plenty of possibilities for White to start an attack and to fight for a real edge.
Exchange Slav is becoming more and more popular at the Grandmaster level. It has been played in World Championship Matches, Botvinnik used it to beat Tal.
Nowadays very strong GMs play Exchange Slav as well. For example, Wesley So recently managed to upset Magnus Carlsen with this opening. Both Kramnik and Carlsen have Exchange Slav in their repertoires.
Here is what’s inside:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!
Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one?, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!
JOIN for just $19.95:
Find this post useful? Share it?