Semi-Tarrasch Defense: Need an ‘off-the-radar’ opening for Black that can be played against many 1.d4 variations leading to a sharp attacking play, not boring positional maneuvering?
If you are looking for that ‘0-1’ win, GM Marian Petrov has prepared something very special for you.
He recommends playing Semi-Tarrasch Defense!
Warning: this isn’t an opening for those looking for a quick draw with Black pieces.
1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. Nf3 c5!
It is a flexible option for Black, that keeps White guessing and on their toes. And the best part… nearly no one can prepare for it.
Spoiler alert: master this course, and you will end many of your games with a masterful attack leading to checkmate or a serious material gain.
If that’s what you are after, this course is for you.
We also recommend reviewing Tactics and Strategy with GM Marian Petrov [TCW Academy], Petrov’s Defense, and Sicilian Defense Dragon Variation with GM Marian Petrov [TCW Academy].
Semi-Tarrasch Defense – See the video preview:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!
Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!
JOIN for just $19.95: Click here to sign up for TCW Academy now.
Find this post useful? Share it?